Berlanga de Duero
The castle is a patchwork of previous bits and pieces from different epochs. The Arab castle was taken by Christian forces in 1059, and by the XVI century it had become a palace with gardens.
When King Felipe IV visited, the cavalcade of cannons in his honour started a fire in the castle, while more deliberately, the Napoleonic General Durán, who made the castle his headquarters, burnt the archives and a lot of the buildings too.
In 2000 the Town Hall began the process of buying the castle from its various owners, and it is now open to visitors.