San Sebastian, Cádiz
The origin of the castle dates back to a chapel built in 1457 upon the ruins of an old lighthouse and temple of Kronos by Venetian sailors, who stayed there in quarantine recovering (or not) from an outbreak of plague.
The present-day castle was built in 1706, accessed by drawbridges,
A causeway was built to the castle in 1860 so that its access was not dependent on the tides. This causeway was digitally removed for the film.
At the time of our visit in July 2019, the castle was closed to visitors.