San Telmo Castle

spanishcastlemoviemagic.com

San Telmo Castle

San Telmo castle is known locally as the ‘castle of the pirates’, dangling over the cliffs above the Bay of Híger, facing north and east towards the sea, inexpugnable from those directions, and with room for five cannons to prove a point. It was built in 1598 on the orders of Juan Velázquez, Capitán de Gipuzkoa, to protect the port of Asturiaga.

Read more