Chinchón (Castillo de los Condes)
Chinchón Castle aka Castillo de los Condes, is in the southern part of this town, which has seen many films made, mainly focused on its round square.
The castle was built in the XV century, and suffered damage in 1520 when it was attacked by the Communards (not the high-pitched pop group but the middle class rebellion against King and taxes).
In 1705, during the War of Spanish Succession, the castle was occupied by troops of the Archduke Charles of Austria, when it was further damaged, and in 1808 it was the turn of Napoleon’s soldiers, when the castle fell after three days of siege, to be pillaged and set on fire by Polish troops under Marshal Claude Perrin Victor.
More recently it found a more peaceful use as a liquor factory.