Los Alumbres

spanishcastlemoviemagic.com

Los Alumbres

Built around 1510, it was one of two towers (the other disappeared in the 18th century) designed to protect nearby miners from the attacks of Berber pirates. In this it was not very successful as in 1520 the pirates burnt the village and took the inhabitants away as slaves, bringing an end to mining for the next 50 years.
From 1736 to 1768 it had its most glorious moments, and even two cannons to protect a nearby pier from which coal and limestone were loaded, but with the building of the castle of San Ramón, it became redundant.
The tower is located on the road leading to the beach called El Playazo..